Many of our patients are concerned about radiation exposure. So are we. Our imaging system has the lowest radiation exposure on the market while achieving the best images - Pretty cool!. Using the most advanced dental technology possible is just as important as staying up-to-date on the latest treatment techniques. Because our practice is dedicated to providing you with the safest and most convenient orthodontic treatment options available, we are proud to use Planmeca Cone Beam Computer Tomography (CBCT) imaging technology.
Planmeca CBCT is a digital, 3D imaging system that allows us to provide quick, comfortable, and effective orthodontic imaging for precise diagnosis, treatment planning, and the evaluation of certain conditions. The data gathered is used to reconstruct a 3D image of your anatomy: dental (teeth); oral and maxillofacial region (mouth, jaw, and neck); and ears, nose, and throat (ENT).
You can take advantage of a more accurate, comfortable orthodontic treatment with CBCT imaging. Special features include:
- A scan that takes less than 16 seconds but provides enough data for a complete diagnosis
- A safer diagnosis with less radiation than traditional CT scanners
- Increased comfort: you are standing in an open environment with plenty of space and able to see our assistants during the 18 second scan
- Since we do not send you to an imaging lab, this is more cost-effective for you.
- Your scan will be shared with your dentist and other specialists as needed.
Our office is proud to offer Planmeca CBCT imaging. Come and see for yourself what it's like to receive a more advanced, patient-friendly orthodontic experience.